Easy Peasy Pizza - Cook n Create style!
This amazing pizza recipe is one the whole family can get involved with! It's fun, hands on and DELICIOUS!
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 100 g Greek Yogurt (low fat is fine too!)
- 1 splash Milk
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 4 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Grated pizza cheese mix
- 1 cup Toppings of your choice
- Using a butter knife combine the flour, salt and yogurt to make a 'roughdough' (This will look dry and crumbly and that's perfect at this stage)
- Add a splash of milk to combine (a SMALL splash)
- Using your hands (Create your very own dough hook) bring the dough together - squeezing and combining as you go. Use the sticky dough ball to capture the dry bits at the bottom of the bowl (Once all the bits are combined you can add a little flour if too sticky or a little milk if too dry). It should feel like slightly sticky play doh.
- Once a dough ball is formed, turn out onto a floured surface
- Gently knead the dough until smooth and well combined (approx 5 mins - you will likely need to add a little more flour at this stage if your dough gets sticky).
- Using your hands in a cupped shape 'Knock the dough' into a ball shape. You are aiming to smooth the edges and get a nice rounded dough before rolling.
- Roll the dough until thin and even - keep flipping and rotating so it doesn't stick to your work surface. Don't worry if your base isn't a 'perfect' circle - homemade IS perfect!
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray (it doesn't have to be a pizza tray).
- Transfer the dough BEFORE you add any toppings onto your lined baking tray.
- Spread a pizza sauce of your choice evenly (we LOVE Passata and garlic or BBQ) evenly. Try to leave a little gap (2mm ish) all around the edge of the base so your pizza doesn't get stuck to the paper.
- Scatter over your toppings as you like them (we like a bit of cheese, other toppings then a bit MORE cheese to crisp up but it's your pizza so get creative!).
- Bake on the middle shelf of oven at 190c for 15 mins or until golden brown and crispy ENJOY! (If you have more than one pizza in the oven you may need to adjust the time a little - as long as it looks cooked and crispy then it's perfect!)
- Take a photo, tag us on socials and/or send us a photo - and ENJOY!
Sushi - Cook n Create style!
This recipe is one to do at home with the kids! These sushi rolls make a great meal or nutritious snack and are quick and easy!
- 1 Bamboo sushi mat You can use a rectangle of baking paper and it can be easier for little hands to help!
- 2 sheets seaweed sheets
- 100g g Sushi rice (dry weight) You can also use Arborio (risotto rice) if you need to
- 50 g Fillings of your choice
- 20 g Soy Sauce
- 20 g Kewpie mayonniase optional
- 20 ml Rice wine vinegar
- Cook sushi rice according to pack instructions
- Add rice wine vinegar to the rice whilst hot - mix thoroughly
- Place 1 sheet of seaweed on bamboo mat (shiny side down - rough side up)
- Press a thin layer of cool rice on the seaweed (Use the back of a metal spoon to press down firmly). Leave at least 1/2 inch top and bottom edge of the seaweed uncovered. This is for easier sealing later. The rice will be sticky so dip it in water/vinegar mix between presses if you need to but make sure it isn't dripping wet
- Dot some soy sauce/Mayonnaise/wasabi on the rice (if you want to - this is optional)
- Arrange fillings of your choice on the rice. Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed in a sausage shape
- Slightly wet the top edge of the seaweed (as if you are sealing an envelope. Roll from bottom to the top edge with the help of the bamboo mat (apply pressure using your thumbs as you roll so it holds together tightly)
- Cut roll into 8 equal pieces and serve. Repeat for other rolls.