Cook n Create SpecTACOlar (out of this world tacos!)
OH MY GOODNESS! If you love tacos - get ready to take them to the NEXT LEVEL! This is an amazing recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
- 12 Soft tortilla wraps You can use 8 and just have them super stuffed if you want!
- 400 g Chicken mince You can also use turkey or pork. If you are using Beef or a low fat option you will need to add an egg to the mixture to bind and hold the structure.
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic/garlic puree To use fresh garlic - use 2 garlic cloves, crush with the side of a large knife and finely chop (run your fingers under COLD water after to help reduce the smell sticking)
- 1 tsp Sweet/Smokey paprika
- 1 sachet Mexican spice mix We like to use mild for the kiddies but you can choose your heat level
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to season
- 1 squeeze Fresh lemon to season (extra lemon wedges are beautiful to serve with them too!) You can use lime too!
- 1 bunch Fresh corriander
- 1 bag Pre shredded iceberg lettuce Or shred 1/2 an iceberg lettuce
- 100 g Grated cheese (You may need more depending on how popular cheese is - it's a big deal at Cook n Create HQ so we always use more!)
- 1 tub Sour cream (these are optional but are amazing to serve with and enhance the flavours)
- 1 tub Tomato mexican salsa (these are optional but are amazing to serve with and enhance the flavours)
- 1 Finely sliced red onion (these are optional but are amazing to serve with and enhance the flavours)
- 2 tbsp Oil to fry
- In a large mixing bowl add the Chicken mince, Paprika, Mexican spices, garlic and the pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the squeeze of lemon now too! (If you like spicey food you can also throw in some chopped chillies).
- If you are feeling brave (and have very clean hands) you can get your hands into the mixture and squeeze and move it around until all the flavours and ingredients are evenly combined (Ensure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards). If you don't want to use your hands you can mix thoroughly with a tablespoon.
- Using a metal Tablespoon spread the chicken mixture (like a paste) onto one side of the soft tortillas (make sure you portion out across all the tortillas to start with before spreading and use all of your mixture up evenly)When spreading ensure the mixture is even and right up to the edges without overlapping them (leave a couple of mml gap if you can).
- Once all the tortillas are prepped - Heat a large frying pan or flat wok on a medium/high heat and add some oil to fry the tortillas (depending on the size of your pan you will fry 2 or 3 at a time so will need to add oil as you add new tortillas).
- Fry the tortillas with the chicken mixture (Make sure you are frying the underside first so NOT the side with chicken on but just the soft tortilla.
- Fry until the tortilla turns golden brown and crispy and you can see the chicken beginning to cook through the tortilla.
- Once they are golden brown underneath - Use a fish slice to flip them so that the chicken mixture is in contact with the pan and begins to fry.
- Cook until the chicken mixture is golden brown and thoroughly cooked (usually 2/3 mins).
- Use the fish slice to help guide you (and so you don't burn your fingers!) and fold the taco in half, with the chicken mixture on the inside.
- Set aside and repeat this step until all tacos are cooked (if you are worried about being fast enough to keep them warm you can pop them on a tray and keep warm on a low heat in the oven as you go).
- As you can see we like to serve the tacos as they are and everyone creates their own taco masterpiece or you can add all the extra delicious ingredients and serve whole - up to you but be sure to tag your creations on our socials so we can see!Facebook - CookncreateadelaideInsta - Cookncreate_adelaide