These Marvellous Meatballs are a firm family favourite! They are packed full of flavour and veggies - nutritious AND delicious!!
- 400 g 400g beef/pork mince
- 50 g Shredded veg (we love carrots, zucchini, capsicum)
- 10 g Spinach Tear it into small pieces and pack these meatballs full of goodness!
- 5 leaves Fresh basil Tear in the same was as spinach
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Egg
- 40 g Breadcrumbs Plus extra for the crispy gratan top
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 700` g Jar of Passata
- 50 g Grated cheese We LOVE cheese at HQ and always use more!
- 1 pack Spaghetti to serve
- 1 tsp Seasoning Fresh herbs - basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme or parsley work beautifully. Garlic, Chilli, Onion powder, Italian seasoning, Salt and pepper are all great options
- 1 tbsp Extras These are some of our favourite extras at HQ Ricotta or Feta, Black beans, Chickpeas, Sweetcorn, Peas, Bacon or salami
- Combine the meat and vegetables in a large mixing bowl and break up
- Rip in the fresh herbs and your seasoning (we love to use paprika and garlic!)
- Roughly mix through your ingredients to combine
- Crack the egg into the mixture
- Add the breadcrumbs
- Combine mixture with hands until evenly mixed and a thick smooth texture
- Squeeze to bring together and roll into even sized balls (about 3cm round ish) Make sure they are even so that they cook evenly
- Place meatballs into an oven proof dish and try to allow space between eachone (you can pre fry them if you prefer before this step)
- In a saucepan - combine a high quality Italian passata, fresh herbs, saltand pepper and any other seasoning you want and warm through to infuse the flavours
- Pour the passata mix over the meatballs, covering evenly
- Sprinkle over the cheese and some more breadcrumbs to make a grattan andbake at 190oc for 20 mins or until all meat is cooked through and the top is crispy and golden
- Serve the meatballs on a bed of freshly cooked spaghetti and enjoy!
- Don't forget to tag us in your amazing creations!Facebook: CookncreateadelaideInsta: Cookncreate_adelaide