White chocolate and caramel cheesecake
WOW..This decadent, rich and silky smooth cheesecake is... EVERYTHING!
- 250 g Digestive biscuits You can add in other types e.g oreo, cookies etc as long as it's 250g overall
- 100 g Butter (melted)
- 600g g Full Fat Cream cheese You can do this with low fat options if needed or dairy free etc
- 125 g Icing sugar
- 284 ml pot Double/thickened cream
- 400 g Fruit We love to use strawberries, raspberries, lemon, passionfruit, mango etc
- 200 g White chocolate If you want a chocolate cheesecake. You can leave this out OR substitute with milk or dark chocolate too!
- 100 g Caramel sauce
- TOP TIP: You can decorate the top of your cheesecake in fruit OR cut up into small pieces and add after the melted chocolate is added - or a bit of both!
- To make the base, butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin until they are fine, even and like course sand.
- Tip the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base (Use a metal table spoon, a wooden spoon will be tricky!) to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge until firm (if you are in a rush you can pop it in the freezer for 10 mins then move back to the fridge)
- Pour the double cream into a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer or with a hand whisk until it’s just starting to thicken and holds soft peaks.
- Tip in the double cream and FOLD it into the soft cheese mix. (do not just mix around and around because you will mix the air out - use a metal table spoon for this also and not a wooden one). You’re looking for it to be thickened enough to hold its shape when you tip a spoon of it upside down. If it’s not thick enough, continue to whisk.
- Break up the chocolate into squares and melt gently in a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water until totally liquid. Pour the chocolate into the mixture and fold through using a metal spoon.
- Pour the caramel over the top of the cheesecake - you can cover it entirely or drizzle, make a pattern etc!
- Leave to set in the fridge overnight or for as long as you can (a minimum of an hour is absolutely essential)
- ENJOY!!We love to see what you create so take a photo and tag us on socials!Facebook: CookncreateadelaideInstagram: Cookncreate_adelaide