Berry Nice flapjacks
This beautiful snack is packed full of yummy goodness with lots of opportunities to make them pack a nutritional punch! This is a great recipe to involve your children with and makes an amazing lunchbox snack too!
- 150 g Salted butter You can also combine with nut butters!
- 150 g Soft Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 300 g Oats (we like large rolled oats but you can use any)
- 100 g Frozen raspberries (or other fruit) You can use tinned, frozen, dried or fresh
- 100 g any other fruits (optional)
- 100 g Nuts and seeds of your choice (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a pan (gently - do not boil)
- Once the mixture is combined, stir in the oats
- Add the dried fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice (it's nice to save some nuts and seeds to scatter on the top afterwards too)
- Tip the oat mixture into the lined baking tin and press down firmly with the back of a METAL spoon
- Scatter over the raspberries, then lightly press them into the oat mixture
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool
- Cut into 12 flapjacks
- Devour these delicious snacks and remember to tag us is your creations on our socials!Facebook - CookncreateadelaideInstagram - Cookncreate_adelaide