For the burger
(if you don't want to make the burger you can just buy a pack of 4 lean burger patties)
-600g beef (or other) mince
-1 medium onion )grated or finely chopped)
-1 small/medium egg lightly whisked
-1/2 teaspoon of mixed herbs (or fresh if you have them!)
-2 garlic cloves
-A pinch of salt and pepper
-4-6 burger rolls (Brioche, ciabatta and cheese rolls are GREAT options!)
For the Garnish/Extras
-Whatever you want!!
At Cook n Create we love crispy Iceberg lettuce, Cheese, Beef tomatoes, bacon and a nice burger sauce or Salsa!
For the Chips
-3/4 large potatoes (Desiree are the best but any will work!)
-Seasoning (You can pimp these up SO easily!) Some of our Favorite extras are Paprika, rosemary, garlic, chili or just salt and pepper is a dream!
1. To make the burgers - Prepare all your ingredients before you begin.
2. Place the beef mince, breadcrumbs, egg, herbs, onion, and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined.
3. Divide the mixture into 4-6 equal portions
4. Shape each portion with your hands into a patty about: 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
5. Place the patties onto a tray lined with- greaseproof paper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest. Chilling the patties will help them hold together when cooked. This also allows the flavours in the patties to blend and develop. If you chill the patties for any longer, increase the cooking time slightly. While the burgers are chilling- prep the chips.
6. Heat oven to its highest setting, ideally 250C/fan 230C/gas 9. Cut each potato into 1cm-wide slices, then into 1cm-thick sticks. Blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain well.
7. Shake the potatoes out onto a roasting pan, drizzle with oil, ensuring each chip is evenly coated, then season well.
8. Bake for about 15-20 mins, turning the potatoes at least twice, until golden brown and crisp.
While the chips are baking...
9. Prepare your burger rolls, cut them, butter them, prepare your fillings,sauces etc ready to assemble!
10. Heat some oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. It is important to cook mince right through.
11. Take the chips out of the oven and serve onto your plates
12. Assemble your burgers
13. ENJOY and take a picture and tag Cook n Create! :)
For the Fish
- 4 sustainable fish fillets of your choice
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Breadcrumbs made from 4 slices of day old bread or 80-100g ready made breadrumbs
-Seasoning of your choice for the breadcrumb mixture (we love fresh herbs, pepper and Cajun!)
For the chips
-4 large potatoes (Baking potatoes work best as they go fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside).
-Cooking oil (We LOVE garlic oil for this!)
-Seasonings (Some chunky sea salt, chili, garlic, herbs,paprika...they are all great suggestions!)
Traditionally fish and chips is perfect with peas/mushy peas. It also works well with a side salad, pickles or if you want to keep it simple a lovely cold dipping sauce- Ketchup or tartar are always winners!